Tuesday, September 14, 2010

stitch musings

                                      Yes, I'm in a musing mood today.  I was working on hand quilting a throw that I'd finished quite some time ago.  I'll show you the whole thing when it gets farther along.  But look.  All things considered, this isn't bad.  But it's not perfect.  And that's what started me musing.  Do I have any plans to ever enter this into a show?  No. So why am I obsessing over these small irregularities?   I even started to pick things out.  This is going on my wall or couch, for goodness sakes.  Do I get many things done?  Some, but like most of us, not as much as I'd like.  But most of the time I don't because I spend too much time worrying about these little oopsies instead of just getting on with it.  In the big scheme of things, it doesn't look bad at all.  I do like to do the best I can.  This isn't the best I can do, but it's good, all things considered.  Why do I have to beat myself up for something that shouldn't  be that big a deal?  Do you guys ever do stuff like that, or do you let go and get productive?  So, I think I'm going to let that be my major quest at this point.  Be productive.  Not sloppy, by any means, but give myself permission to be human and make human works, because if I wanted it done perfectly, couldn't I just do it on a machine?  (Thanks for letting me work this out!)

linda

No comments:

Post a Comment