Monday, November 8, 2010

something else new

I know I've said it before, but I have a short attention span.  Today's evidence:











 This is not really my fault.  This is Melanie's fault (one of my bosses at Good Wives).  She's been waltzing
in with her Grandmother's Flower Garden repro that she's working on, and
it's an easy one piece pattern. 
So, I wanted an easy one piece pattern, too, that was a repro.  Ergo......
I'm using Inklingo, and it's printing up great, and the piecing is so easy.  The diamond shape is from the FREE diamond, triangle square download.  The quilt I'm repro-ing is on page 80 of Classic Quilts from The American Museum in Britain.  It's called Sunburst Quilt, and it's from 1875-900.  Made by Elizabeth Mitchell(nee Cannon).  St. Cloud, MN.
The original has a yellow sateen background quilted in red thread.  Will I be so bold?  Time will tell. 
the real question is, when will it get finished?  Stay tuned......
linda


2 comments:

  1. Great combination and placement of fabrics. Thanks for sharing your short attention span. ;) *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Sunburst is awesome! I love it. Thank you for sharing it on Inklingo so we can see it. I may look for the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete