Monday, June 27, 2011

friends are wonderful!

After being side tracked by having to have a garage yarn sale (from which I have not totally cleaned), I do have a post of what my wonderful guild did for me.
     I belong to a smallish quilt guild (called STASH--Second Thursday at Someone's Home) which makes Lovies for Ronald McDonald House, along with fun, friendship and food.  Well, I got suggested to be president for this past year.  President sounded so pedestrian, so I decided I wanted to be Empress.  Much better!   Each meeting I tried for a new tiara and scepter.
     As a final gift at the end of the year, they asked me what kind of quilt blocks I'd like.  I asked for little red work blocks.  Well, imagine my extreme pleasure when I received these.     Are they not absolutely sublime?                                                                                                                      
I thought I was done.  Noooooooooo.  They said:  Look in the box, Linda.  I looked and :I couldn't believe it.  I was stunned.  I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I volunteered to Empress again next year!
later, linda

No comments:

Post a Comment