Thursday, March 29, 2012

AAAANnndddddd she's ahead of the curve, again!

     Ya know how in love I am with the pot holder quilts and method?  Go back and read the previous 2 posts if you missed them.  Well, I went to work yesterday and a rep was in with the girls and........Marcus Fabrics is coming out with a fabric line and pattern based on one of the pot holder quilts in the Civil War Quilts book!    It's called "The Union Forever".  If you go to the Marcus link above, it'll take you to the
free pattern.The Union Forever by Jean Ann WrightThe original one has some of the center blocks done with red, white and blue fabrics in sort of a medallion in the center, but what the hey, change is good!
     In the meantime, I'm still working on the knife edge table topper and will have a picture tomorrow, hopefully, and I'm considering cutting apart a "modern" quilt I did with lots of Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett fabrics in big blocks with white sashing.  I think I'll have fun turning it into a pot holder quilt and actually get it done.  Might add a little more kick with different block bindings!  (My grammer is getting more and more incorrectly convoluted, but that's how my brain is working right now, and I have to get things down.)
   I have to go work on my pineapple blocks, as this evening I get to mow the lawn again, today, the 29th of March.  Right.  As my daughter says, "It's not snow".  Amen.
later,
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment